Thursday, June 21, 2007


Another great book! I was having a hard time in the beginning as the book seemed so familiar to me. I searched my book selves looking for the book, sure I'd read it before. And after doing a little research on the Internet I came across this and it all made more sense to me. Of course, I'd seen the movie on the Lifetime Movie Network. It's been a few years since I've seen the movie and as I recall now - the book is different. I've always been a bit intrigued by the Amish and have a couple of Amish cookbooks. I don't know where the curiosity comes from? And now after reading this book I have more questions. I love the idea of family and community - but not the idea of shunning. If your child choose a different path then yourself how do you live your life as if they never existed? And to punish yourself for not doing a good job of raising your child if they choose another path? All very interesting. I'd like to learn more.

No comments: