Monday, July 30, 2007


Okay you know I've gushed about all of the others and I'm sad to say I was not as excited with this one....Maybe it was the storyline of spousal abuse that I just couldn't get. Or the time it took me to read it. I had started it before we went camping and didn't finish until after we got home. We were so busy and I guess I was too tried after days filled with play I couldn't stay awake to read at night. I thought the writing was wonderful as always - and her topics are all about relationships. I know she had her facts correct and was right on! Because each time the woman was abused by her spouse she blamed herself, found a reason for it to be her fault. And I know I've read that to be true. I had a passion of dislike for the husband. He was arrogant and so full of himself. Not an attractive personality for me. So decide for yourself. I think she's an amazing author and I believe I've said her story lines are all tough ones - so know that going into it....

3 comments:

Kitty said...

I was wondering if you have read The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls? I just finished it and thought it was great.

Shannon said...

I think I need to come "check out" some books from you library, your collection seems to have lots I am interested in!

Sheesha said...

Thanks Aunt Kitty - I'll look for that one next.....Shannon you're more than welcome to look through my collection! I just gave my mom a bag the other day and your mom took (3) last week......