Tuesday, November 13, 2007




I did it again. I read another memoir and liked it. I finished this book this morning and still haven't gotten it out of my head. Each time I do something mundane (folding laundry, in my house no less, vacuuming, rinsing dishes and putting them into the dishwasher, changed my clothes for the second time today) I can't help but think how much I take for granted. The other thing that keeps coming back to me is the fact that not a single person helped these children. I'm so glad they had each other though. My thoughts are conflicted as well - there seemed to be a great deal of love for one another. Yet there selfishness was overwhelming at times that I wondered why they ever had kids. My Aunt recommended this book to me and I'm so glad she did - I loved it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it. It was a thought provoking book. Jeannette Walls was on a talk show recently and she amazed me again being such a strong lady. Maybe her parents weren't so wrong after all. Although their youngest did not fare too well.